Thrown Among the Bones
Skyline 23rd Anniversary
Skyline’s 23rd anniversary is celebrated through a new edition of Brice Matthieussent’s sensitive French translation, published this year by Les Éditions du Sonneur.
Skyline is narrated by an innocent, adolescent voice. It tackles Cape Town’s violent criminal underbelly, alongside the relentless migrations of people fleeing Africa’s wars and economic ruin. It is explorative of human dignity and compassion. Underpinned by hope, it is a reminder of all the good that can be mined from the human heart.
Skyline has been variously described by reviewers as: ‘A great epic’; ‘Tremendous’; ‘Powerful’; and ‘A magnificent book about human spirit’.
- Winner: Prix du Marais (France) 2005
- Winner: The Percy FitzPatrick Award 2002
- Second place: The Sunday Times Fiction Award 2001
- Long listed: The IMPAC, Dublin International Award 2002
- Listed: South African Twenty-Five Must-Reads 2007
- Listed: En bok for alla (Sweden) 2006
- Listed: SACBF Honour 2000